We are celebrating the first drones race at Portal de la Marina Shopping Centre. Take part and take way fantastic prizes.
The race will start on 8th July at the Portal de la Marina Shopping Centre and will comprise of various phases and three areas of participation.
Participation in the race:
To take part in the race you must be over 10 years old and register in advance through Ticketea at a cost of €3. In addition, you should have received information:
- All of the participants should arrive at 10.30 for registration and briefing.
- Attend a talk about the safety rules of the event, the format of the tournament and information about the drone.
- All pilots will receive a drone and FPV glasses for participation in the tournament, which they must return at the end of their race.
- The drones that will be used in the event will be provided by the organisation and will be the “tiny” type.
Areas of participation:
- Training area: In this area participants will receive a training course in groups of 4 participants for 10 minutes.
- Free flying area: In this area participants will be able to use the drone that will be used in the race to try it out for 10 minutes.
- Racing track: This area will have a safety area for the audience and a space for the participants.
The price consists of three gift cards loaded with:
- 1st prize: €300
- 2nd prize: €200
- 3rd prize: €100
Phases of the race:
- Warm up (11.00-13.30) All of the pilots will have a trial period of 5 minutes to familiarise themselves with the track.
- Q1 (14.00 – 16.10): Pilots should complete two laps of the track. Depending on the order of arrival, each pilot will receive points that will accumulate during the classification phase. First place will receive 10 points, second place 6 points, third place 3 points and the rest will not receive any points.
- Q2 (16.30 – 18.40): This round will follow the same format as Q1. The 16 pilots who have earned the most points in the two first rounds will qualify for the quarter finals.
- Quarter finals (19.30 – 20.10): Pilots should complete two laps of the track. The first two places of each round will classify for the semi finals, or failing this, those who reach the furthest.
- Semi finals (20.30 – 20.50): Pilots should complete two laps of the track. The first two places of each round will classify for the final, or failing this, those who reach the furthest.
- Final (21.10): Pilots should complete two laps of the track. All of the finalists will receive a prize, the awarding of which will depend on the position at the end of the race.
- Prize ceremony (21.30)
See the terms